Bath Racecourse reveals £100k+ worth of tickets given to local community and charities in 2019
Ahead of The Business Exchanges’ first-ever Charity Expo, Bath Racecourse, the South West’s most vibrant racecourse and events venue, has revealed its total charitable and community contribution for 2019.
As well as donating more than £100,000 worth of tickets to local residents, the armed forces, NHS and emergency services staff, and local charities, other notable achievements during the year included MJ Church’s charity raceday in May, which raised more than £36,000 for the RUH Forever Friend’s Appeal, and £5,000 raised for Cancer Research UK on Ladies Day.
Bath Racecourse’s Acting General Manager, Maddie Difazio-Wright, said: “There’s so much good activity happening at Bath Racecourse to support local charities and the local community that we felt it was time to shout about it a bit more!
“Last year, we donated more than 2,000 tickets and hospitality packages to local and horse racing charities for them to use as raffle and auction prizes; and we had 15 different charities attend an exciting horse racing fixtures to bucket collect – raising more than £3,000 between them.
“We are so proud to have been involved with MJ Church’s hugely successful charity raceday, which in the past four years has raised more than a staggering £109,000 for the RUH Forever Friends Appeal; it’s fantastic to see so many people here having fun at the races whilst also supporting a wonderful cause.
“We’re a small, busy team but we are keen to offer support to local and horse racing charities so it’s been an illuminating process pulling together what we contributed last year. I know we will continue to support more charities in 2020.”
Bath Racecourse’s 2019 Charitable and Local support highlights:
- A huge £36,000 raised for the RUH Forever Friends Appeal via MJ Church’s Charity Raceday
- 2071 racing tickets and raceday hospitality packages given away for charity raffles and auctions worth £42,000
- 15 charity bucket collections at horse racing fixtures, raising more than £3,000
- 2,209 tickets given away to local residents, worth £37,000
- 1,189 tickets given away to NHS and Emergency Services employees, worth £20,000
- 134 tickets donated to Armed Forces via ‘Tickets For Troops’ worth £2,500
- Racing’s educational programme, Racing To School, brought 130 children from four local schools to learn math’s skills
- £5,000 raised on Ladies Day for Cancer Research UK via ticket donations and bucket collections
- £4,000 donated equally to Empire Fighting Chance and the Forever Friends Appeal from Bath Racecourse’s owners’ charitable foundation, the Reuben Foundation
There are various ways charities can work with Bath Racecourse to raise funds from £500 - £36,000+. Hosting a charity raceday with hospitality and sponsorship sold on to supporters has the biggest fundraising potential but charities can apply to have a charity bucket collection at one of the track’s 22 exciting horse racing fixtures or even sell on discounted tickets to supporters. To better help charities understand ways they can work with Bath Racecourse, the Lansdown venue has created a new website page with all the details. Find out more at www.bath-racecourse.co.uk/bath-racecourse/charity-contributions